BIOENGINEERING DAY 2019
Annual research event of the EPFL's Institute of Bioengineering (IBI) -- this year under the motto "Engineering with Bioinspired or Biomimetic Approaches".
In a nutshell (see details -talk titles and schedules, in particular- HERE):
- Invited Talks by:
"On Skin Colour & Reptilian Scales: When Charles Darwin Meets John von Neumann & Alan Turing" (Keynote)
Maartje Bastings, Institute of Materials & Institute of Bioengineering, EPFL:
"The Promises and Challenges of DNA as Programmable Biomaterial"
Ullrich Steiner, Soft Matter Physics Group, University of Fribourg (CH):
"Bioinspired Surfaces: from Optics to Adhesion" (Keynote)
- Short research talks by four ‘Jeffrey Hubbell and Melody Swartz Young Bioengineer Award’ finalists:
"From a Fossil to a Robot... and All the Steps in Between"
Pablo Gainza-Cirauqui, Postdoc, Correia Lab:
"Rationally Designing Protein Interactions for Immunotherapeutics"
Adrien Descloux, PhD student, Radenovic Lab:
"Parameter-Free Image Resolution Estimation"
Anush Chiappino-Pepe, Postdoc, Harvard Medical School & Wyss Institute for Biologically Inspired Engineering, Boston (USA),
previously PhD student in the Hatzimanikatis Lab:
"Genome Scale Identification of Essential Metabolic Processes for Targeting the Plasmodium Liver Stage"
- Leonard Karsunky, Laura Kvedarauskaite & Théo Nass, members of EPFL student team, winner of 2019 Grand Prize of the iGEM Synthetic Biology competition:
- Research posters
- Annual Ceremony:
Toasts to various IBI faculty
- Networking, beer & wine, food, live music...
Participation is free of charge; registration, required, was open until Wednesday, November 20, 2019, noon (final, extended deadline).
See online info HERE.
- Informed public
- Registration required
- EPFL Institute of Bioengineering (IBI)
- Dietrich REINHARD, Institute Manager