[SDSC 4th call for Collaborative Data Science Projects | Research funding ]
The Swiss Data Science Center (SDSC) offers project grants for interdisciplinary research for researchers employed by an institution of the ETH Domain (Eawag, Empa, EPFL, ETH Zürich, PSI, WSL).
As one of the Strategic Focus Areas of the ETH Domain, the mission of SDSC is to accelerate the use of data science and machine learning techniques within academic disciplines of the ETH Domain, the Swiss academic community at large, and the industrial sector.
The goals of the SDSC Collaborative Data Science Projects are to help researchers and domain experts leverage the state-of-the-art in data science to develop models and analyses to support their research. At the same time, SDSC collaborative schemes aim at supporting the application of techniques developed in research labs working on data science methods to real world scenarios.
Through Collaborative Data Science Projects, the data science team at the SDSC makes available to partnering ETH Domain research teams expertise which broadly covers data science modeling techniques including statistics, statistical signal processing, machine learning, deep learning, and techniques from computer vision, natural language processing and optimization, as well as computational methods for these techniques.
More information about ongoing SDSC Collaborative Data Science Projects at https://datascience.ch/academic-projects/.
- Eligible Principal Investigator (PI) are employed by an institution of the ETH Domain (EAWAG, EMPA, EPFL, ETHZ, PSI, and WSL).
- PIs are typically Professors and Senior Collaborative Scientists. Postdocs are accepted if their application is backed by a Professor (head of the lab), as co-PI.
- Two-stages application process, with submission of pre-proposals and full proposals (upon invitation).
- Continuation of projects funded by a previous call can be submitted. They are considered as new proposals and subject to the same review criteria as new proposals.
Duration: max. 24 months
Funding: 200’000 - 600’000 CHF
- Salary for SDSC technical staff and staff hired in the partnering laboratories. It is expected that the laboratories contribute in kind to the project.
- Compute and Storage Resources
- Travel costs to organize meetings and costs for dissemination of the project results (open access publications, participation to conferences)
Using the Preproposal template. Submission through the dedicated website.
Deadline for submission of pre-proposals: 13 July 2020 (23:59 CEST)
Submission of full-proposals (upon invitation): October 2020
Final decision: 25 January 2021
Expected project start: between March-June 2021
For further information, please have a look at the call webpage, call Documents, or contact the Program Manager at [email protected].