[ SERI | OPPORTUNITY GRANTS WITH CHINA, JAPAN, SOUTH KOREA AND THE ASEAN REGION ]
The State Secretariat for Education, Research and Innovation (SERI) mandated the ETH Zurich for bilateral collaboration with partner institutions in Asia. In 2018, ETH Zurich opened a call for proposals for opportunity grants with China, Japan, South Korea and the ASEAN countries.
Applications are accepted on a rolling base until 2020.
Who can apply: senior scientists (single or in a consortium) at Swiss federal and cantonal universities, universities of applied sciences and universities of teachers’ education, as well as public research institutions. Applications can but do not have to list co-applicants from the partner country.
Funding: up to CHF 50’000
Duration: up to 12 months
- Support to activities of Swiss researchers linked to specific events or incidents in the partner countries (China, incl. Hong Kong and Taiwan, Japan, South Korea, ASEAN).
- Examples of events: the Olympic Games, international or national Expos, major environmental or economic developments in the region.
- Examples of activities: participation in exhibitions, organization of thematic events, apply Swiss technology for the mitigation of natural disasters or similar.
- Objective: increase the visibility of Swiss science and technology abroad or apply its results to a concrete development or challenge.
- The call is open to all disciplines.
Eligible costs: travel, accommodation costs, project consumables and equipment, logistics. Does NOT cover research projects, salaries or scientific exchanges.
For more information and application, please have a look at the call website, Call document and application form.