[ SERI | Research Partnership Grants for the Latin America Region ]
The State Secretariat for Education, Research and Innovation (SERI) has mandated the University of St.Gallen (HSG) as Leading House for bilateral collaboration with partner institutions in Latin America. In 2021, the Leading House for the Latin American Region (LH) opened a call for proposals for Research Partnership Grants.
The goal of the Research Partnership Grants is to strengthen or initiate scientific exchange between researchers from Swiss and Latin American institutions in all disciplines by enabling them to jointly undertake preliminary research and organize meetings, conferences, or workshops.
To strengthen initiatives to achieve the 2030 Agenda for Development, the LH this year's call focuses on the following four specific Sustainable Development Goals and two thematic areas:
- Sustainable Development Goal 3 – Good health and well-being
- Sustainable Development Goal 10 – Reduced inequalities
- Sustainable Development Goal 11 – Sustainable cities and communities
- Sustainable Development Goal 13 – Climate action ¨
- COVID-19 pandemic Coronavirus and its related consequences
- Digitalisation Technical, management, societal, and ethical aspects
Who can apply:
- Postdoctoral scientists, senior scientists and professors (single or in a consortium) of Swiss federal and cantonal universities, universities of applied sciences, universities of teacher education, as well as public research institutions.
- The Swiss PI must be employed at one of the aforementioned Swiss institutions.
- The Principal Investigator in Latin America (Latin American PI) must be affiliated to an accredited university or a public research institute and must hold a faculty or scientist position or a doctoral degree besides bringing along several years of research experience.
Funding: up to CHF 25’000
Duration: up to 12 months within a two-year time window (2022-2024)
Eligible costs: travel, accommodation costs, project consumables and equipment, outsourcing. Does NOT cover research projects, salaries or scientific exchanges.
- Application deadline: 25 June 2021
- Decision: 15 October 2021
- Earliest project start: January 2022
For more information and application, please have a look at the call website, the Call, the General Grant Guidelines, and the Budget.