[SERI - Seed Money Grants with MENA Countries | Research Funding]
The Swiss State Secretariat for Education, Research and Innovation (SERI) commissioned the University of Applied Sciences and Arts Western Switzerland (HES-SO) as the Leading House for the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region. This call allows funding of approx. 26 mobility grants.
Partner countries: Egypt, Lebanon, Morocco, Palestine, Qatar, Tunisia and the United Arab Emirates.
Who can apply:
- Permanently employed principal investigator at an eligible Swiss institution who is either hosting a MENA-based young scientist in CH or sending a Swiss-based scientists to a MENA country.
- BA, MA or PhD students (with max. 6 years of professional experience) based in a Swiss or MENA institution.
- Swiss-based young scientists must also
- Have permanent residence in CH, Swiss nationality, cross-border commuter permit for CH, or be in a marriage or registered partnership with a Swiss citizen.
- Specific conditions apply for scientists holding the nationality of a MENA country.
- To host a MENA-based young scientists at an eligible Swiss institution.
- To send Swiss-based young scientists to a partner institution in a MENA region.
- Activities may include fieldwork and/or an internship related to the applicant’s research project.
- In any discipline and field of research.
Funding & Duration: max. CHF 5’000 for min. 4 weeks.
- For outgoing scientists: flight reimbursement of max. CHF 1’000, living allowance of max. CHF 4’000 and, if justified, a contribution towards research and conference costs.
- For incoming scientists: living allowance (actual cost of max. CHF 2’500 per month). Flights must be covered by the partner abroad.
Deadline: rolling call open until 31 December 2019
Decision: within 2 months
Latest start: March 2020
- Application form, brief CVs and support letters from the sending and the host supervisors.
- Submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information and application, please have a look at the call webpage and call guidelines.