[ SNSF PRIMA | Research funding ]
The Swiss National Science Foundation (SNSF) awards PRIMA grants to outstanding female researchers in all disciplines who have a doctoral degree or equivalent research experience and aim to pursue an academic career with a view to a professorship in Switzerland. PRIMA grants promote the scientific independence of highly qualified female researchers who have excellent research ideas and wish to conduct their own project at the level of a group leader at least at a higher education institution in Switzerland.
- 2-10 years after doctoral exam + min. 2 years of postdoctoral research activity;
- Professors in permanent or temporary employment, with or without tenure track, are not eligible.
As a Host Institution, EPFL welcomes outstanding candidates under the following conditions:
- An EPFL Professor is ready to support and host the candidate for the entire duration of the project;
- The HR manager, Director of Institute, Dean of School (or Head of ENT-R/I/E) and, if applicable, Head of Equipment give their approvals to host the candidate.
Please have a look at the EPFL Toolkit for SNSF PRIMA (login with your Gaspar account).
External candidates are kindly invited to contact the Research Office at [email protected] (with the EPFL Host Professor in cc) to access the toolkit.
The ReO has organized an applicant workshop for Ambizione and PRIMA applicants on Wednesday, 8 September 2021. If you already have a Host Professor willing to host you (i.e. the host professor has signed the Detailed Confirmation Letter), please register >> here.
- Internal deadlines: check out the EPFL Toolkit and contact your host school / institute at EPFL as soon as possible to inquire about their internal deadlines / procedures.
- SNSF call deadline: November 1, 2021 at 5 p.m. C.E.T.