[ SNSF Scientific exchange | funding for scientific events and visits ]
The SNSF programme Scientific Exchanges is aimed at researchers who want to:
- host their own scientific conference, workshop or meeting in Switzerland.
- invite their colleagues from abroad for a research visit to Switzerland or visit their colleagues in another country.
Who can apply: only 1 applicant
- employed by a Swiss research institution for the duration of the grant.
- work-time percentage may lie under 50%, but should not be lower than 20%.
- For Scientific events only: PhD is NOT required.
- For Scientific visits only: at least 4 years after PhD/MD; in a position to carry out research projects under her/his own responsibility and to lead project staff both scientifically and as personnel.
- No more than two parallel applications and/or Scientific Exchange grants may be submitted or ongoing per calendar year. Applicants can apply to both a Scientific event and a Scientific visit in the same application.
- Between CHF 2’500 and CHF 25’000.
- Max. CHF 50’000 only if you apply for both types of grants in the same application.
- For Scientific events: travel expenses, food and board costs of participants from abroad provided they make a contribution (talk, poster, moderation, supervision of workshop, etc.). No more than 1-2 persons per half a day of the event.
- For Scientific visits: travel (actual costs) and living costs (flat rate).
- For Scientific events: 3 months (the duration of the actual scientific event must be between 1 and 5 days. However, the duration of the grant must be 3 months, with the starting date set on the first day of the month preceding the event and the end date on the last day of the month following the event).
- For Scientific visits: 1-6 months.
Rolling call: apply at least 4 months before the start of the event or visit.
Decision after 2-2.5 months
For further information, please have a look at the call webpage and guidelines.