[SNSF Starting Grants 2024 | Research funding]
|Category||Call for proposal|
The federal government has mandated the SNSF to launch the funding scheme "SNSF Starting Grants 2024". The call opens on 1 November 2023. The deadline for submission is 1 February 2024 at 17:00:00 CET (Swiss local time).
This is an integrative call that covers aspects of the ERC Starting Grant Call 2024 as well as the SNSF Professorial Fellowships 2024. The scheme is open to all research disciplines and topics to applicants who have demonstrated evidence of the potential for creative and original thinking and contributed to impactful research in their field. With an SNSF Starting Grant, grantees will lead an independent research project and direct a team of researchers in Switzerland.
- Applicants are between 2 and 8 years afther their PhD defense or equivalent, at the submission deadline. This eligibility window can be extended under certain conditions.
- Applicants whose SNSF Starting Grant application was rejected once may apply a second time, regardless of the subject matter of the project.
- Applicants who applied to the 2022 and 2023 calls and who reached phase two during the SNSF Starting Grants 2023 evaluation may submit a third application to SNSF Starting Grants 2024.
- Max. CHF 1.8m for 5 years (including applicant's salary, if applicable).
- Proposal submission is done via mySNF platform. Make sure you create your mySNF account well on time.
- Submission deadline: 1 February 2024 17:00:00 CET (Swiss local time).
- An EPFL Confirmation letter signed by the Head of the Research Office needs to be included in the submission. Please see in the EPFL instructions document (page 4) in the Toolkit what needs to be done to obtain it.
- Please find here the Toolkit with the EPFL instructions, Budget Calculator and SNSF Starting Grant 2024 Call Document.
- Please register here for an SNSF Starting Grants 2024 applicant workshop on 30 November 2024, 11:00 - 12:30.
- For proposal writing services, administrative and financial questions related to your proposal preparation, please contact [email protected]