[ SNSF - Vietnamese-Swiss Joint Research Programme | Research funding ]
Under the bilateral cooperation programmes of the Swiss government, the SNSF is launching a call for Joint Research Projects (JRPs) together with the National Foundation for Science & Technology Development (NAFOSTED) in Vietnam to support collaborations between researchers in Switzerland and Vietnam in any discipline.
The SNSF will evaluate the applications together with NAFOSTED. Up to 10 projects may be funded. The SNSF will cover the costs incurred in the Swiss part of the project, and NAFOSTED the costs for the research conducted in Vietnam. The total budget available in Switzerland is CHF 2,500,000. The maximum budget available for the Swiss side of a project is CHF 250,000. The total budget available in Vietnam is VND 25 billion. The maximum budget available for the Vietnamese side of a project is VND 2.5 billion.
Who can apply:
- At least one applicant based in Switzerland and one based in Vietnam. Other applicants and project partners based in Switzerland and/or Vietnam can also participate.
- Swiss-based applicants: natural persons employed at a Swiss university, a Swiss university of applied sciences or an institution of the ETH Domain. They must be eligible for SNSF Project Funding (ref. EPFL Instructions for SNSF Project Funding). Swiss applicants can apply for this call even if they hold or have applied for other SNSF grants.
- Applicants based in Vietnam: ref. Circular No.12/2018/TT-BKHCN (written in Vietnamese)..
- All main and other applicants may only submit one application per call.
Funding & Duration:
- Max. CHF 250’000 for 2-3 years (for the Swiss part).
- Eligible costs for Swiss-based applicants: personnel costs, material costs, access to infrastructure costs, open research data, conferences and workshops, international cooperation and networking. With regard to international travel and subsistence, the overall principle is that airfare and insurance will be covered under the funded budget of the sending country, while accommodation, meals, subsistence, and local travel will be paid by the country hosting the visit. Overhead costs are not admissible. To prepare your budget, you can use the EPFL Budget Calculator for SNSF Project Funding.
Timeline of the call:
- Pre-registration: 23 November 2020 (interested researchers are invited to create a draft application in mySNF before 23 November 2020, indicating the discipline and topic of their project. Pre-registration is advisable but NOT COMPULSORY).
- Deadline: 15 January 2021 at 17:00 CEST
- Submission: Proposals are to be jointly prepared by the Swiss and Vietnamese applicants. They must be submitted by the Swiss main applicant to the SNSF mySNF.
- Decision: summer 2021.
- Earliest start: 1 September 2021.
- Collaboration agreement: contact [email protected] to establish one.
For further information, please have a look at the call webpage.