Tackling the job market successfully (EN) Online
An interactive workshop for PhD Students and Post-Docs helping them succeed in their career transition.
This three-day workshop will help you discover how the job market works and learn how to promote your value proposition and will give you the tools to craft effective job applications for the industry.
- The range of post-EPFL career options available to you and the recruitment tools and channels used by employers;
- How to craft an effective CV, create impactful letters of motivation, and learn insider tips and techniques for mastering job interviews;
- Understand how your experience, beliefs and cognitive biases can impact your choices and your job search success;
- Opportunity to employ your “science communication” skills to present your research, both for an elevator pitch and your CV and LinkedIn;
- Why and how to negotiate your first salary;
- Peer review, pairwork and breakout discussions, plus preparation of an actual job application, featuring a mock job interview.
Important: The training does not take place over 3 consecutive days but is spread over a week
Next training sessions:
In FRENCH – Catherine Marselli
31 August, 2 and 6 September 2021
2, 4 and 8 November 2021
7, 9 and 13 December 2021
In ENGLISH – Stephen Fischer
13, 15 and 17 September 2021
11, 13 and 15 October 2021
15, 17 and 19 November 2021
13, 15 and 17 December 2021
- General public
- Registration required
- This event is internal
- Keep Learning