[ Zeno Karl Schindler Foundation | Doctoral Exchange Grant ]
The Zeno Karl Schindler Foundation offers Doctoral Exchange Grants to PhD students to carry out a research stay of max. 1 year at a host institution (university or research institute) anywhere in the world.
Please note that either the home institution or the host institution should be based in Switzerland.
The ultimate aim of the grant is to encourage research collaboration between two institutions.
Eligible fields of research:
- Environmental sciences (incl. bioengineering, but not life science or biology)
- Medieval disciplines (incl. medieval studies),
- Digital humanities at the intersection of medieval disciplines and computing.
Funding: a stipend of CHF 2’500 per month to defray local living expenses at the host institution + agreed economy-class return airfare/train ticket from the home to the hosting university + limited research expenditures for the duration of the stay at the host university.
Please note that:
- The applicant cannot receive any other source of funding (incl. assistant salary) during the grant.
- Retroactive candidacies are only accepted if the stay abroad isn’t finished at the time of the call deadline.
Duration: 4-12 months
Deadlines: 15 March and 15 September (23:59 Swiss local time) (every year).
Application: submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org. You must join a support letter from your host professor, indicating any in-kind contribution, if applicable.
For further information and application, have a look at the call webpage and application form.