[ ZHAW Call for Bridging Grants with South Asia and Iran | Research funding ]
The State Secretariat for Education, Research and Innovation (SERI) has commissioned the Zurich University of Applied Sciences (ZHAW) as Leading House for bilateral research collaboration with partner institutions in South Asia and Iran, namely Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Iran, Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan and Sri Lanka.
Bridging grants can be awarded to Swiss researchers who have successfully completed (or nearly completed) a joint research project (or a joint teaching or joint curriculum development project) with the partner in South Asia and Iran.
These grants offer the possibility to prepare a grant application for a full joint research project to be submitted to the SNSF, EU or any other national or regional funding body. Bridging grants may also enable the intensification of joint teaching or curriculum development.
The call is open to all scientific disciplines and fields of research.
Who can apply:
- The main applicant must be a permanent resident of Switzerland and have a permanent employment contract with a federal or cantonal university, university of applied sciences, university of teacher’s education or any officially recognized research institute in Switzerland.
- The co-applicant must be a scientist at research institutes or universities in the partner countries in South Asia and Iran.
- Companies may be involved as additional partners.
Timeline of the call:
- Deadline: 15 January 2020
- Decision: end of April 2020
- Start of the project: by the end of 2020
Funding: max. CHF 25’000 for up to 6 months.
- Covers: salaries, travel expenses, equipment, infrastructure, laboratory consumables and teaching materials.
- Does NOT cover: overheads or other indirect costs.
Matching funds: both the main applicant and the co-applicant are required to make in-kind contributions (e.g. work hours, usage of office or laboratory equipment, field visits, etc.) to the proposed research project. On top of that, financial contribution (internal or third-party funding) are compulsory for the main applicant and recommended for the co-applicant.
For further information and application, please have a look at the call webpage, call guidelines, budget template, application template and link to the online application form. Note that you must first fill out the online application form and then submit the application form and budget separately by e-mail to [email protected].