Book Launch / Symposium: Thinking Machines - Machine Thinking
In the framework of the exhibition Thinking Machines. Ramon Llull and the ars combinatoria, the EPFL CDH and the EPFL ArtLab organize a symposium in conjunction to the launch of the publication DIA-LOGOS Ramon Llull's Method of Thought and Artistic Practice initiated by the ZKM Karlsruhe and published by Minnesota Press. Through the outstanding production of the Catalan philosopher, theologian, polymath from Majorca, this international symposium offers a platform to explore the inter-disciplinary reverberations of Llull’s work.
> Downolad the full program (PDF)
- Nicolas Ducimetière, Vice director Fondation Martin Bodmer, Cologny
- Macarios Jabbour, Executive director Maronite Library Aleppo, Syria
- Béla Kapossy, Dean EPFL College of Humanities
- Sarah Kenderdine, Director EPFL ArtLab, Founding director eM+ Laboratory for experimental museology
- Bill Sherman, Director of the Warburg Institute and Professor of Cultural History in the University of London’s School of Advanced Study
- Roland Tormey, Teacher, researcher and administrator at the EPFL
- Amador Vega, Professor of Aesthetics and Art Theory at the Universitat Pompeu Fabra, Barcelona
- Siegfried Zielinski, Michel Foucault Professor of Media Archaeology and Techno-Culture at the European Graduate School in Saas-Fee (CH)
Guided tours through the exhibition and the launch of the edited volume DIA-LOGOS Ramon Llull's Method of Thought and Artistic Practice, will offer a dynamic platform for intercultural and institutional exchange.
* The publication DIA-LOGOS Ramon Llull's Method of Thought and Artistic Practice was generously supported by Ernst von Siemens Stiftung.
>ONLINE REGISTRATION to the Symposium (free of charge)
- General public
- Registration required
- EPFL College of Humanities, EPFL ArtLab
- Giulia Bini & Virginie Martin