[ ERA-NET CHIST-ERA | Research funding on Advanced Brain-Computer Interfaces for Novel Interactions (BCI) and Towards Sustainable ICZ (S-ICT) ]
The CHIST-ERA ERA-NET is a pathfinder programme for European coordinated research on future and emerging information and communication technologies. The consortium is supported by the EU’s FET programme.
Every year, the participating funding organisations (incl. SNSF) launch annual calls to support high risk, high impact transnational projects.
The 2020 Call promotes two separate topics, namely:
- Advanced Brain-Computer Interfaces for Novel Interactions (BCI)
- Towards Sustainable ICT (S-ICT)
Applications should follow and address the SNSF policies on open access and open data.
Who can apply:
- International consortia composed of researchers from at least 3 different participating countries. Consortia are encouraged to include partners from enlargement countries or non-EU countries participating in European research programmes. Additional partners from other countries may be part of a consortium if they can secure their own funding. The standard consortium size is 3-6 partners.
- Swiss-based applicants: all Swiss applicants must be eligible for SNSF Project Funding (see EPFL Instructions for SNSF Project Funding). Please contact [email protected] to verify your eligibility for the call.
Look for partners using the Partner Search Tool.
For Swiss-based applicants and co-applicants:
- In case of several overlapping SNSF projects, all projects must be thematically different.
- Swiss applicants may participate in at most one CHIST-ERA proposal.
- The SNSF exclusively funds research conducted for purposes that are not directly commercial.
- Depends on the country-specific regulations (each partner is funded separately by the national/regional funding).
- The SNSF has allocated CHF 1M for 3-5 projects for this call. For EPFL applicants: use the Budget Calculator available in the EPFL Toolkit for SNSF Project Funding.
- At most 60% of the total requested funding may be requested by partners from one country.
Timeline of the call:
- Deadline for proposal submission: 1 March 2021 at 17:00 CET
- Notification of acceptance proposals: July 2021
- Earliest start of the project: October 2021
For further information, please have a look at the call webpage, call guidelines (including, at page 46, specific information for Swiss-based applicants), submission guidelines, application form, financial template, FAQ and online application portal.