[ FAMAE Foundation - PRECIOUS WATER! | Proof of Concept & Seed funding ]
The goal of the FAMAE Foundation is to seek pragmatic, efficient, durable, universal and money-saving solutions to make life easier for urban citizens while reducing their environmental footprint. The Foundation launches annual international competitions to enable brilliant and innovative inventors to make their ideas come true or to effectively launch their product.
The 2019 competition "PRECIOUS WATER!" targets brilliant ideas, prototypes, products or services addressing all types of issues related to water: improved access, quality / cleanliness, sanitation, grey / black water treatment, fighting scarcity, better use / consumption of water, fighting water pollution, sustainable textile or cosmetics to reduce water drain, among others. Issues related to water-related catastrophic events (e.g. tsunami and floods) may be accepted in exceptional cases.
The challenge is open to disruptive projects, either emerging or mature.
Seed funding: max. € 2 million (with the max. amount being awarded only if a single project is selected)
- Eligible costs: project related expenses (e.g. further R&D expenses, test protocol costs, personnel and marketing expenses).
- Complementary support: access to FAMAE business network and support with legal / trade and financial aspects, or product development and manufacturing / suppliers’ sourcing.
Who can apply:
- Teams of candidates from Education (e.g. students, professors, researchers), Business (e.g. start-ups, SMEs) and Philanthropy (e.g. social entrepreneurs, NGOs).
- Candidates cannot have two applications running in parallel.
Deadline: 22 February 2019
- Fill out the online application template in English or French.
- Describe your project in max 500 characters.
- Explain what problems are solved thanks to your project and its environmental impact.
- Describe your team, your users/customers and your competitors/alternatives.
- Business plan
- Note: if you tick that your Project is « Philanthropic », you commit to share project-related IP free of charge.
Evaluation criteria: Innovation, Feasibility, Impact.
For further information, please have a look at the call press release, the call webpage, the terms and conditions and the 2018 laureates.