[ Foundation Promobilia | Funding for R&D ]
The Swedish foundation Promobilia Stiftelsen was founded in 1965 by doctor Per Uddén (1925-2002) to raise money to build better wheelchairs (Permobil AB) than those available at the time for people with disabilities, thus improving their quality of life.
- research and development of technical aids so that disabled persons could benefit of a more active life. The foundation’s support aims also at ensuring that these products get into production and reach those in need.
- to improve the understanding of reading and writing difficulties.
- around diseases that could lead to severe motion problems.
Who can apply:
- Applicants at a recognized university or equivalent, high school, hospital or other, anywhere in the world.
- Private persons and industrial projects are not eligible.
Funding & Duration:
- Between SEK 100’000 and 500’000 (about USD 10’000 – 100’000) for up to 24 months.
- Eligible costs: personnel, equipment, material, other project-related costs, including subcontracting, and 20% overheads.
- Matching funds are encouraged.
Next deadline: 10 October 2019 (2 deadlines per year in March and October)
- Sign and submit your application at least 7 working days prior to the deadline to email@example.com to request the institutional signature of the application form (p.7).
- Applications must also be submitted by regular mail (see instructions for applicants outside Sweden).
- For non-independent PIs: the application form must be signed (p.7) also by the head of the unit.
- Ethical compliance is checked at the proposal stage.
For more information, please have a look at the call webpage.