[ Gebert Rüf Stiftung - Funding for digital education | Research funding ]
Gebert Rüf Stiftung (GRS) was established in 1998 by entrepreneur Heinrich Gebert as a science and innovation foundation. Its objective is to promote «Switzerland as a top location for business and as a place to live». As a private funding agency guided by its mission statement «making science effective», it supports entrepreneurial projects, which are committed to achieving an impact.
GRS has opened a new area of activity, Digital Education Pioneers, endowed with CHF 0.5 million in 2019 to contribute to create the “school of the future”.
It supports the implementation of pioneering projects at primary and lower secondary schools that provide access to high-quality digital educational videos and digital tools that support interactions among teachers and between teachers and students: collaborative teaching and learning, skills acquisition, and knowledge processing in interactions (reverse teaching).
This area of activity helps pioneering and potentially scalable digital learning and teaching arrangements achieve a breakthrough.
Digital educational content must meet the following requirements:
- Open education
- Relevant content/quality
- All kinds of educational video, including experiments
- Interactivity (e.g. with a quiz).
Who can apply: applicants from Swiss Institutions of higher education or research centres and non-profit organisations are eligible to apply, however projects must be either led by teachers from primary or lower secondary school or involve them.
- please fill out the application form.
- join, among others, a letter of support from a suitable number of schools and education authorities, regarding the implementation and potential scalability of the project.
- Non independent researchers at EPFL must join a Letter of Support from the Head of their Unit.
Funding: no upper or lower limit.
- Eligible costs: Salaries and Material costs
- Does NOT cover: Infrastructure, Equipment and Overheads.
- Informal Access: submit a 1-2 page abstract to firstname.lastname@example.org well ahead of the deadline for proposals.
- Proposal: 1 February, 1 May, 1 September and 1 December (every year) at 23:59 (Decision after 3 months)
- Application: 1 March, 15 May, 1 September, 1 December (every year) (Decision after 3 months)
For further information, please have a look at the call webpage