Immersive Lab – Panel discussion
From 25 February to 1 March, ArtLab will be hosting the Immersive Lab, an interactive multisensory space for artistic and scientific exploration developed by Daniel Bisig and Jan Schacher, from the Institute of Computer Music and Sound Technology at the Zurich University of the Arts.
For those who want to know more about the project, a panel discussion open to the public will bring together members of the project team and experts from media art, cognitive science, and museology on Thursday 27 February. They will debate with the audience about the benefits and challenges of employing digital media technologies in art, research and dissemination.
The participants at the panel are (in alphabetical order):
- Daniel Bisig, Media Artist and Senior Researcher at the Institute for Computer Music and Sound Technology, Zurich University of the Art
- Olaf Blanke, Director and Professor at the Laboratory of Cognitive Neuroscience / EPFL
- Stanley Douglas, Media Artist and Lecturer at the Geneva University of Art and Design
- Donald Glowinski, Senior Researcher and Scientific Advisor at the Swiss Center for Affective Sciences / University of Geneva
- Bruno Herbelin, Senior Researcher at the Laboratory of Cognitive Neuroscience / EPFL
- Sarah Kenderdine, Director Artlab / Professor at the Laboratory for Experimental Museology / EPFL
- Boris Magrini, Director of the House of Electronic Arts
- Jan Schacher, Musician and Senior Researcher at the Institute for Computer Music and Sound Technology, Zurich University of the Art
The discussion will be followed by a cocktail.
Free entrance – no registration needed.