Inclusive Classrooms: Sustainable classrooms
|Hour||13:30 › 17:00|
|Speaker||Joelyn de Lima|
|Category||Conferences - Seminars|
|Event Language||French, English|
Ensuring inclusive and equitable quality education is one of the 17 UN Sustainable Development Goals. This workshop, developed using evidence and theoretical frameworks from literature, and contextualised to EPFL, will explore themes of inclusivity as a means of promoting sustainability in education.
By the end of the workshop, each participant will:
- Apply introspective tools to reflect on self-awareness as an integral component of inclusive teaching.
- Increase awareness of human tendencies and develop strategies to moderate their impact
- Justify inclusivity in classrooms using evidence that illustrates increases in student learning gains
- Design/redesign course using Universal Design for Learning to promote inclusivity in all aspects of the course
- General public
- Registration required
- Centre d'appui à l'enseignement CAPE