[ Medical Research Scotland – COVID-19 Research Grant ]
In response to the Covid-19 outbreak, Medical Research Scotland is making funds available to facilitate research into any health-related aspect of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Projects must have a clear route toward an impact in relation to the Covid-19 pandemic including, but not restricted to:
- the development of approaches to diagnosis, testing and treatment;
- the creation of resources for medical use in hospitals, care homes or by the public;
- social science studies that will be useful for professional practice, standards or policy.
If creating a new device there must be scope to meet regulatory standards.
These grants can be used for new research projects, for pilot studies, or to supplement existing research programmes, whether funded by other grants or not.
Who can apply:
- Applications should come from within a Scottish University or research institute.
- Collaborations with external partners are welcomed.
Funding: GBP 20’000
- Eligible costs: consumables, equipment and other research-related costs.
- Does NOT cover: personnel costs, applicants’ salary, overheads.
Please contact [email protected] ahead of the submission to confirm that the facilities needed are operational and that access will be granted.
Start of the project: this grant is for immediate use
For further information, please have a look at the call webpage, application form, call guidelines.