MT180: Public Selections
The selections of the contest My Thesis in 180 seconds (MT180) will be held on Wednesday 12 January, Tuesday 18 January and Friday 4 February 2022. For each participant, the goal is to present his or her research in simple, straightforward terms in 3 minutes before an audience. This is thus an exercise in popularizing the thesis and explaining it, in French or English, in a clear, concise and compelling manner – all with the support of a single slide !
The public is welcome to listen and encourage the candidates during the selections and nominate his/her favourite candidate. A prize of CHF 200 will be awarded after each selection session (12 January,m 18 January and 4 February) to the candidate selected by the public. Fourteen participants will be selected following the sessions for the EPFL Final which will take place on 24 March 2022.
COVID Certificate required to access the room.
Running Order Selection 4 February
- Jacob Blaskovits, «Fragment-based design of singlet fission materials» (EDCH, Prof. Clémence Corminboeuf) English
- Saeed Saadatnejad, «Self-supervised Learning of Pedestrian Dynamics for Self-driving Cars» (EDEE, Prof. Alexandre Alahi) English
- Olga Mitrofanova, «Recreating organ level complexity and function of human intestine in vitro» (EDBB, Prof. Matthias Lutolf) English
- Benoit Truc, «Ultrafast control of solids by mid-IR radiation in an energy and time-resolved TEM» (EDPY, Prof. Fabrizio Carbone) Français
- Enrico Bergamini, «Entrepreneurial opportunities and threats in the era of grand societal challenges» (EDMT, Prof. Dr. Marc Gruber) English
- Yevhen Hryshunin, «Supramolecular Plastics for Sustainable Future» (EDMX EPFL Innovators, Prof. Holger Frauenrath) English
- Salil Apte, «Optimal training load estimation using personalized physical profile» (EDRS, Prof. Kamiar Aminian) English
- Jiuxuan Zhao, «Non-line of sight imaging with SPAD camera» (EDMI, Prof. Edoardo Charbon) English
- Kristina Makasheva, «XSCAN - single-molecule multiplexed approach to study chromatin dynamics» (EDCH, Prof. Beat Fierz) English
- Outman Akouissi, «Advanced peripheral nerve interfaces» (EDEE, Profl. Silvestro Micera, Stephanie Lacour) English
- Rafael Amoedo, «Decison making methodology for waste management system design» (EDEY, Prof. François Marechal) English
- Raphaël Simonet-Davin, «Hypervalent Iodine for Biomolecule Azidation» (EDCH, Prof. Waser) English
- Francesco Libbi, «» (EDMX, Prof. Nicola Marzari) English
- General public
- Service de promotion des sciences / Science Outreach Departement