[ New National Research Programme - NRP 79 “Advancing 3R – Animals, Research and Society” | Research funding ]
The Federal Council has mandated the SNSF to launch a call for the National Research Programme "Advancing 3R – Animals, Research and Society" (NRP 79).
The call targets research in three focal areas:
- Innovation: research contributing to the effective application of the 3Rs in the real world.
- Implementation: research conforming on barriers to the implementation of the 3Rs, proposing strategies for overcoming these barriers and facilitating the application of existing knowledge.
- Ethics and society: research into ethical, conceptual and societal issues connected with the 3Rs and the use of animals for scientific purposes.
Proposals with an inter- or multidisciplinary character embracing the goals of more than one focal area will be given preference.
2 Types of funding:
- Postdoctoral fellowships: for postdocs with initial experience in project management, employed by a Swiss institution for the entire duration of the fellowship. The fellowships must start max. 5 years after the PhD defense date. Please contact [email protected] at least 7 working days prior to the deadline for the institutional support letter (template available in the EPFL Toolkit).
- Project funding: for individual applicants or team of applicants who are independent. Possibility to involve research groups abroad.
Funding: CHF 300K - 1M but budgets below or above this range are possible if sufficiently justified.
Duration: 36-48 months starting mid-May to mid-November 2022. No extensions.
Deadline for pre-proposals: 3rd August 2021 at 17:00 Swiss local time.
For collaborative projects with EPFL as Responsible Applicant, take advantage of the ReO Grant Writing services! Contact [email protected]
For further information about this call, please have a look at the call webpage and the EPFL Toolkit (including EPFL instructions and budget calculator).