Ninth Call for Proposals - CYD Fellowships: A Talent Program for Cyber-Defence Research
|Call for proposal
To promote research and education in cyber-defence, EPFL, the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology in Lausanne, and the Cyber-Defence (CYD) Campus have jointly launched the “CYD Fellowships – A Talent Program for Cyber-Defence Research”. There are two calls per year and the ninth call is now open.
CYD Fellowships are designed to promote new solutions to major challenges in the fields of security and data science by bringing together basic and applied research. They are open to researchers at master, doctoral, or postdoctoral level who are willing to engage with innovative issues in cyber-defence, with a particular emphasis on:
- Protection of confidentiality, integrity, and availability of cyber and cyber-physical systems.
- Information sharing, data fusion and crowdsourcing.
- Data science & AI methods for analysing cyber- and technology-relevant data.
- Security, privacy and digital trust technologies.
Who can apply:
- CYD fellows must be hosted by a higher education institution in Switzerland and must conduct their research at the CYD Campus located on the premises of EPFL and ETHZ and in its office in Thun.
- CYD Proof of Concept fellows should be hosted by a Swiss higher education research center, their own startup based in Switzerland or at EPFL Innovation Park.
- Citizens of any nationality may apply.
- No age restrictions apply.
Funding and duration:
- CYD Master Thesis Fellowships: living allowance and research funds for 6 months.
- CYD Doctoral Fellowships: salary and research & conference funds for 4 years.
- CYD Distinguished Postdoctoral Fellowships: salary and research & conference funds) for 2 years.
- CYD proof-of-concept fellowships: personnel and/or development costs for 12 months.
- 23 February 2024 (17:00 CET) for Doctoral and Distinguished Postdoctoral Fellowship applications.
- Rolling call for Master Thesis Fellowship and Proof-of-Concept Fellowship applications.
Learn more about past and current CYD fellows here.
An online applicant workshop will be held on 23 January 2024 from 11:00 to 11:45 CET.
For further information, please have a look at the CYD Fellowships website.