[ SERI | Mobility Grants with Latin America ]
The State Secretariat for Education, Research and Innovation (SERI) has commissioned the University of St. Gallen (UNISG) as Leading House for bilateral research collaboration with Latin American institutions for the period 2017-2020.
UNISG is pleased to announce the launch of the 2020 Mobility Grants call. The aim of the Mobility Grants is to encourage researchers from Swiss institutions to boost their careers with a research stay and fieldwork in Latin America. Mobility Grants are especially useful for emerging researchers (PhD students and Postdocs) for the integration of the next generation of scientists in international collaboration. This call is open to mono or interdisciplinary research projects. Innovative projects are very welcomed.
Who can apply:
- PhD students and Postdocs of any nationality enrolled in a programme in any scientific discipline and field in Switzerland from all federal and cantonal universities, universities of applied sciences and universities of teachers’ education as well as public research institutions.
- Postdoc researchers need to hold a position in a qualified Swiss institution (Swiss Federal Institutes of Technology, Cantonal Universities, Federal and Cantonal Research Institutes, Universities of Applied Sciences).
- PhD applicants need to present a letter of recommendation from their supervisor, while Postdoc researchers can independently submit.
- An invitation letter from the chosen host institution should be provided by both PhD applicants and Postdoc researchers.
- Researchers can apply, even if they received other funding instruments or if they have pending applications. However, previously received grants and pending applications should be clearly stated. Applicants should accurately explain why they need this additional funding. The Leading House will possibly give preference to applicants without previous funding.
Funding: up to CHF 7’000
Eligible costs: travel expenses, accommodation, consumables, fieldwork.
Does not cover: salaries, visa, health, private insurance and overheads.
Duration: up to 3 months
Time span to realize research stay: October 2020 to December 2021
Deadline: 25 May 2020
Decision: 31 August 2020
For more information: have a look at the call webpage, timeline of the call and grant, call guidelines, and application form. For information regarding the Seed Money Grants Call with Latin American countries, have a look at this memento.