[ SNSF Scientific Image Competition 2021 | Scientific dissemination ]
The Swiss National Science Foundation has announced the fifth annual edition of the “SNSF Scientific Image Competition” for images and short videos from the world of research. The winning projects and a selection of other entries will be exhibited at the Biel/Bienne Festival of Photography from 8 to 31 May 2021.
This year, in addition to the official jury, the public will be able to choose their favourite works from among those submitted since 2017.
The competition gives the public an unconventional view of research. It invites all researchers to document the often unusual environment they work in, as well as any special tools and instruments, and to capture unexpected occurrences on film or make a photo of the research team at work.
Prize: a CHF 1’000 prize will be awarded to the winners in each of the following categories:
- Object of study
- Women and men of science
- Locations and instruments
- Video loop (max. 15 seconds)
Who can apply:
- scientists working at higher education institutions or research institutions in Switzerland.
- Each participant may submit from 1 to 5 entries.
- Works by professional photographers are not accepted.
- Employees of the communication departments of research institutions;
- The submitted image or video must have been produced after 1 January 2020 and while you were employed at a Swiss research institution.
Deadline: 31 January 2021 at 24h00 CET.
For further information, please have a look at the call webpage (including the members of the jury and past winners of the competition and the online submission form).