Animal, a video by artist Riccardo Giacconi
The inaugural work of the EPFL-CDH AiR Program Enter the Hyper-Scientific, Riccardo Giacconi’s Animal, is the result of intensive research around artistic and scientific questions at the boundary between human and machine, carried out in EPFL’s robotics laboratories.
- OPENING in the presence of the artist:
Thursday, January 12, 6pm
January 13 to 29, 2023, Tuesday to Sunday, 11am to 6pm
The work enables a leap of faith, a suspension of disbelief, as it reconciles the hyper-contemporary and the ancient in an enigmatic sequence, generating in the resonance and the distance between the two worlds a broader reflection on technology and its scientific and philosophical implications.
> Riccardo Giacconi
Animal, a video by Riccardo Giacconi
Video, sound, color, 21'
In collaboration with:
- EPFL, Reconfigurable Robotics Lab (RRL), Jamie Paik
- EPFL, Biorobotics Laboratory (BioRob), Auke Ijspeert
- EPFL, Learning Algorithms and Systems Laboratory (LASA), Aude Billard
- Compagnia Marionettistica Carlo Colla & Figli, Milan
Inspired by conversations with: Jamie Paik, Auke Ijspeert, Anastasia Bolotnikova, Alessandro Crespi, David Gonon, Kevin Holdcroft, Lukas Huber, Xiangxiao Liu, Mete Mustafa, Fabio Zuliani
- General public