Jupyter Community Hybrid Event
Want to know how Jupyter notebooks can be used in education?
EPFL teachers will share their experience using Jupyter notebooks for teaching and learning in different disciplines!
Join our hybrid Jupyter Community Event in person or online:
- 16h30: Patrick Jermann - Welcome and latest news about Jupyter notebooks for Education
- 16h40: Simon Dürr - "Single source interactive computational chemistry exercises powered by Github Actions and JupyterBook"
- You will discover a workflow to generate a web-deployed student and teacher version of Jupyter Notebook based teaching/exercise material from a single source in a Github repository using JupyterBook and GitHub Actions.
- 17h05: Matteo Barsanti - "Economy-wide material flow analysis: from exercises to projects with real world data in Jupyter notebooks"
- You will hear about the design rationale, challenges, and lessons learned from the Material and Energy Flow Analysis course (ENV-501) where Jupyter Notebook exercise sessions had the dual role of (1) supporting student understanding of the key concepts of the course and (2) providing ready-to-use files for analysis of real world data on material flows and stocks in different European regions (NUTS 2 level).
The presentations will be followed by a networking apéro for those attending on campus.
- General public
- This event is internal
- Center for Digital Education