LASER HAZARDS - Complementary training
Objectives of the course
- At the end of the training, participant will be able to explain laser hazards and risks.
- Participant will have basic knowledge on US and European laser safety regulation and laser classes.
- Participant will understand general technical, organizational and personal control measures applicable to laser risk.
- Participant will be capable to apply these general measures to his/her experimental setup.
Lasing fundamentals, laser light properties
Understanding of laser hazards
- Beam hazards. Primary sites of damages
- Collateral hazards
- Examples/analysis of accidents
Laser hazards’ evaluation
- Laser classes. American and European regulations
- Engineering control measures
- Organizational mitigation measures
- Protective Equipment: laser goggle
Present (especially beginners) and future users of laser systems are strongly encouraged to attend this course. Also all individuals who wish to extend their knowledge on laser safety.
- General public
- Registration required
Registration : Email to email@example.com (subject: Laser Safety Training)