Recital by Cédric Pescia - Piano and prepared piano
|Date||01.10.2019 – 19:30 › 21:00|
|Speaker||Cédric Pescia, pianiste|
On the occasion of each anniversary of EPFL, a classical music concert has been organized. This tradition is carried on by the College of Humanities (CDH) offering this year a prestigious concert by internationally renowned Swiss pianist Cédric Pescia.
Based in Berlin, Cédric Pescia is a model of creativity and excellence, and an inspiration for the EPFL community. His original program intersperses bagatelles and sonatas by Ludwig van Beethoven (1770-1827) with pieces for prepared piano by John Cage (1912-1992), which are influenced by Indian music and philosophy. This unique encounter between romanticism and minimalism unites two composers beyond the boundaries of time and style.
- John Cage: In a Landscape
- Ludwig van Beethoven: Bagatelle opus 119/1 - Bagatelle opus 119/2
- John Cage: 1st Interlude for prepared piano - Sonata V for prepared piano - Sonata VI for prepared piano - Sonata VII for prepared piano - Sonata XII for prepared piano
- Ludwig van Beethoven: Bagatelle opus 119/3 - Bagatelle opus 119/6 - Bagatelle opus 119/7 - Bagatelle opus 119/9 - Bagatelle opus 119/10 - Bagatelle opus 119/11
- John Cage: Sonata XIII for prepared piano - Sonata XIV for prepared piano - Sonata XV for prepared piano - Sonata XVI for prepared piano
- Cage: extrait de : Suite for Toy Piano: I
- Beethoven: Sonate no32 en ut mineur op.111: Maestoso - Allegro con brio et appassionato -Arietta. Adagio molto, semplice e cantabile
- John Cage: 4’33’’
- General public
- Collège des Humanités - culture
- Véronique Mauron